A quick Guide on how to
Our five year apprenticeship begins with the application process.
You will need to create an account on our online application portal provided in the link at the bottom of the page. If you have any questions, you can contact the Apprenticeship office at 205-849-5522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this point, you have a decision to make. Some people don’t want to go to school right now and just want to work. We have a path for that called the CW/CE program. Those that want to pursue the five-year registered apprenticeship program have a few more steps to take.
Once you have completed your application and turned in all of the required documentation, you will be eligible to go to work with one of our union contractors and begin your on the job training.
You will also be scheduled to take an aptitude test. This test will cover reading comprehension and basic algebra. You can get practice exams at Electric Prep. Click the button to visit the website.
Once you have successfully completed the aptitude test, you will be scheduled to interview with the apprenticeship selection committee. These interviews normally occur in the spring and are the last step before you begin your formal classroom training. If this is the path you want to choose, scroll down to Enroll Today.
Items needed to apply:
- A completed application
- High School Transcript or GED w/scores
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be a valid Alabama Driver’s License – not a state-issued ID
- Social Security Card
You will receive further information about your aptitude test date and time after completion of application and all documents have been verified.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Minimum math – must have completed one full year of high school algebra with a passing grade or one post high school algebra course with a passing grade.
- Must have qualifying score on the NJATC aptitude test.
- Must provide official transcript or transcripts for high school and post high school education showing courses and grades.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass a drug screen test.
All applications will be received without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, or sex.